A cardiologist is a healthcare provider who has had extra training to treat problems of the heart and blood vessels. A cardiologist has at least 10 years of medical training.
A cardiologist is a heart doctor. They specialize in treating heart conditions and diseases as well as helping patients manage their heart conditions as much as possible. A cardiologist will treat any symptoms of heart conditions that you have and diagnose any possible conditions.
The Pros and Cons of Becoming a Cardiologist
- CON – Expensive. The average debt for a typical medical school student is nearly $200,000.
- PRO – Income.
- CON – Time.
- PRO – Specialization.
- CON – Malpractice Stress.
- PRO – You Get to Save Lives.
- CON – Bearing Bad News.
- PRO – You Get Respect.
Top 19 highest-paying doctor jobs
- Neurologist. National average salary: $237,309 per year.
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $259,163 per year.
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $328,526 per year.
- Cardiology physician. National average salary: $345,754 per year.
After completing the three-year degree of MD, go for a super specialty course of three-year DM in Cardiology to become a Cardiologist. After completing the three-year degree of MD, go for a super specialty course of three-year DM in Cardiology to become a Cardiologist.Sep 2, 2019
Interventional cardiology is regarded as a very competitive subspecialty; hundreds of qualified applicants may apply for one to two positions in an average program. Furthermore, interventional cardiology interview season can be financially and emotionally draining from the extensive travel.Mar 13, 2020