Invasive cardiologists earn the top starting salary in medicine, according to a new report from Merritt Hawkins, raking in an average $648,000 in their first year of practice.Jul 9, 2019
The 10 Lowest-Paid Specialties
- Pediatrics $221,000 (down 5%)
- Family Medicine $236,000 (up 1%)
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine $237,000 (up 2%)
- Diabetes & Endocrinology $245,000 (up 4%)
- Infectious Disease $245,000 (steady)
- Internal Medicine $248,000 (down 1%)
- Allergy & Immunology $274,000 (down 9%)
|Course||BSc Cardiology/BSc Cardiovascular Technology|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 in Science|
|Scope||Government and Private Hospitals, Research Labs, etc.|
|Work Profiles||Sonographer, Cardiovascular Technologist, etc.|
|Salary in India||INR 3-30 Lakhs per annum|
The shift of a cardiologist typically begins as standard business hours, but often extends into working between 50 and 60 hours per week or more. The shift of a cardiologist may also include evenings, weekends and holidays, especially when they are working on-call or through a hospital.Jun 28, 2021
There were about 22,058 active U.S. cardiologists in 2015, according to the Association of American Medical Colleges. A Health Affairs report showed the demand for cardiologists will increase as much as 18 percent annually between 2013 and 2025 amid the aging population and growing disease burden in the U.S. 5.Jul 25, 2018
Top 19 highest-paying doctor jobs
- Neurologist. National average salary: $237,309 per year.
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $259,163 per year.
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $328,526 per year.
- Cardiology physician. National average salary: $345,754 per year.
- Harvard University. United States|Cambridge (U.S.)
- Imperial College London. United Kingdom|London (U.K.)
- Duke University. United States|Durham (North Carolina, U.S.)
- Columbia University. United States|New York City.
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.
- University of Toronto.
- Stanford University.
- Johns Hopkins University.
|State||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
The highest-paid physician specialties Specialists in plastic surgery earned the highest physician salary in 2020 — an average of $526,000. Orthopedics/orthopedic surgery is the next-highest specialty ($511,000 annually), followed by cardiology at $459,000 annually.May 26, 2021
North Dakota is the best state for jobs for cardiologists, and Oklahoma is the worst. The most common pay in North Dakota is $221,066, while the median pay in Oklahoma is $147,275. The bottom 10% level pay for cardiologists is $123,000. The median pay hovers around $248,891.Apr 6, 2021
What are Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for Cardiologist Jobs
|City||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
|Daly City, CA||$356,492||$29,708|